Monday, December 12, 2005

Another lovely weekend this one full of films, good conversation and a wonderful sense of well-being.... sobbed my way through Before Sunrise and Before Sunset... fascinating filming... two people just talking.... but so many of their words have been mine, so many ideas expressed were so familiar... it was like watching a bit of my life... and yet... i have no Jesse... I took the wrong train I guess....

anyway went to the cinema to see The Constant Gardener which was a very satisfying film on all levels, the cinematography was beautiful, the characters were richly drawn, the storyline was important, the poignancy spiked home and it made me cry, cry for the victims, cry because of the injustice, cry because of the love... ahhhhhh very satisfying indeed... and because of what might be happening later this year I did not come away from that sort of film with the empty despondant feeling of 'what can I do about it all?' as I might well be playing my own small part in the bigger picture

had a drink with Rose in CB2 too and really enjoy the new opening hours too... found this the same on Sunday evening when J & J and I went to The Portland Arms for a game of pool but ended up joining in their pub quiz... a very difficult heavily music based quiz...it finished and we had a couple of drinks after it.... and left the pub around 12 ish. on a SUNDAY NIGHT! Lovely lovely lovely, much more relaxed and civilised indeed

No comments: