Wednesday, December 07, 2005





I simply thought that rendition was all to do with singing....


but no I am wrong, I heard the phrase 'extraordinary rendition' through the haze of sleep one morning on R4... I was confused.... no it was not about singing or artistic performance.... it was to do with the US.... and torture... I dozed off.... woke again and pondered my dream... bizarre I thought....

turns out it was not a dream.... I have been horrified by recent reports of US activities... there has been Guantamamo where the US has flaunted International Law... there has been Abu Grave... which was disgusting.... there have been other tales all quite shocking concerning the US and prisoners....

how dare they! Why??? What excuse or reason can be used???? If US soldiers were treated in this way what horror and outrage would be blasted from all media sources!?... are they not putting forward an idea of 'spreading democracy'??... how can they justify any action that treats fellow humans in such a way?? and what of the UK... we have allowed these flights to land , take off and use our airports, are we not complicit in these actions by our 'turning a blind eye'?

it is so horrific a backward turn in ethical actions on behalf of a supposedly 'civilised government' that I am shocked to the core and wonder what is happening to the world....and what can be done

No comments: