Wednesday, February 25, 2004

so many thoughts today I don't know where to start ........... ahhhhhhhhhh I must apologise for yesterday's posting that suddenly and inexplicably was written in the style of Carrie Bradshaw, I really don't know why this happened and I promise faithfully (well as faithful as I can be!) that it will not happen again!! Now dear reader.......... Onwards with the thoughts of the day.......

Spitting! Now what is that about?? I remember years and years ago when I was a sweet innocent and naive 16 year old, well when I was 16 any way, I went on a little trip to Scotland to visit a boyfriend... First time traveling alone and it seemed such an adventure!! So there I was sitting in the top deck of a very grimy Glaswegian bus when I spied a sign that said 'No Spitting' now to my innocent mind what shocked me most was the thought that there must be so much spitting going on that the need to put a sign up was deemed necessary!! I had never thought about spitting in the street or worse on a bus nor had I ever noticed anyone ever doing it!!In fact I sort of wondered why? But moving on into the 21st century people, who are these people?, still spit........... It is obvious they do as you can see it and even sometimes hear it!! There is no excuse it is disgusting! Maybe not on a par with defecating or even vomiting in the street but still utterly unacceptable maybe we should start putting up signs again. You can imagine a little red circle with the appropriate line across, we are heavily into symbolism nowadays. Maybe there could be a Blue Peter competition to design a no spitting, no vomiting, no defecating sign!! Is Blue Peter still running??????????

No comments: