Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Another thought crossed my turgid little mind as I wandered aimlessly towards the tube this morning, probably why I am so often late as I haven't mastered the 'rushing about in a desperate hurry' look that is so prevalent in London... Anyway back to wandering along Rotherhithe St.... Suddenly realised that this time of year is when I start looking out for signs of spring, when those first green shoots start to appear, when birds sing extravagantly, when days get longer, you can tell here that spring is my favourite time of year. But but but I have never experienced spring in London, it was well underway when I arrived here last year and I am very concerned that I am going to miss it completely!!! There are a lot of shrubs, though mostly evergreen,on Rotherhithe St but a fair absence of green once I get off the tube at the Barbican....... hmmmmmmmm what to do??? Where to go???????????? I need a hit of new growth!!

No comments: