Monday, December 08, 2003

another weekend over! Luscious would be a good way of describing it!!! Friday Sarah met me out of work and we headed towards Clerkenwell .. first got sucked into a place called 'Play' inexplicably finding myself seated on a deep and comfortable sofa drinking a classic martini.. (vodka of course and stirred not shaken!) very pleasant but had to force myself away to meet Neela, Michael and friends... They were all comfortably ensconsed in the Three Kings which was a warm and noisy place. One thing that jumped out at me immediately which was really pleasing was that I must have sooooo got used to pubs in Cambridge I had forgotten that public houses are allowed to contain people over the age of 20 on a friday night!! so hmmmmmmm conversation rattled around a number of topics, becoming more diverse as the alcohol consumption progressed. Sarah and Neela struck up an immediate friendship, pink fluff was explained and I even came out with a Kafkesque reminiscence which I must have dug up from some pickled memory... and it was understood! dead odd!

Saturday was much much quieter, though Sarah and I made the delightful discovery that Canary Wharf is only 15 minutes away... caught the river bus from the Docklands Hilton which is 10 minutes from the flat... so if I ever need a quick shop forget walking to Tesco's in Canada Water it's now Waitrose in Canary Wharf by boat!

No comments: