Monday, December 15, 2003

What is happening to time???? It has skipped into warp speed, it seems impossible that a whole week has passed since my last posting but what a week! It started with me entering singledom officially....... my almost-a-year-long relationship dribbled to a limp close on Monday evening when Pete finally heard me..... sad really that after such an intense and passionate start it could dwindle to nothingness ... but maybe it was too intense and hurried and desperate... so I will be avoiding any romantic intensity for a very long while!!! hmmmmmm.... !

Sooooooooooo wednesday took me back to Cambridge ... I visited the flat and gathered together a few missed and needed items, like my cafetiere, spent a bit of time with Josh and Hayley which was nice and they had tidied up which was lovely! It was a quiet time, actually the frenetic buzz of London was well and truely left behind as we walked into town through Jesus Green. It was dark and silent and comfortingly familiar. I have always enjoyed the walk through J Green as the path cuts a diagonal through the grass, it's sort of like entering another world at night as the lights from the streets become hazy and distant, it can be particularly lovely if there is a mist as you can feel like the only person in existence! Anyway. headed to The Cow which was loud and busy found Jake and had a pint with him before heading up to the train station and back to London. On my way back got a phone call, which actually wasn't altogether a surprise, from Alan! It made me smile hmmmmmmm but as I am avoiding any romantic intensity I arranged to meet him next week!

So onto the weekend.. last weeks word was luscious this week ......brilliant! Cooked food for Paul on friday and had good conversation, spent a lot of it discussing top 10 books...... came up with very divergent lists but his descriptions of a couple have tempted me to seek them out fairly soon....

No comments: