Monday, November 28, 2005

Met some amazing ladies, old women but rather than being grumpy old women they were fairly joyous! But that's more towards the end of the weekend sooooo

Saturday went and rummaged around TK Max, it's a bit like a jumble sale so you have to look.... I have a bit of an advantage in that I can check out all sections really, the women's, obviously, the men's... as I like bloke's trousers!... and then there's the boys section... where I found a delicious Ralph Lauren jumper reduced dramatically from £160 to a much more affordable £14! It's age 12 but fits perfectly!!! Even started the christmas present purchasing and got J a Man bag!! It even tells him where the webpage is so he can marry his bag??? The other J disapproves completely and thinks it was far too much money for a bag !!!!

Sooooooo caught the train into King's X... zipped down thnorthernrn line and headed for the Tate Modern to check out the boxes




ok yes they were white there were a lot of them... it felt cool, particularly as everyone was already well wrapped up from the cold.... but that was it... it didn't grab with delight like the weather project, it didn't annoy like the sound thingy.... it was just there....

headed into Brockley and to the party and on arrival all my ageist prejudices came to the fore... it was Kate's Mum's party and I have met her before and she seemed pleasant enough, others were going from Greenpeace so I hadn't really thought about who would be there.... well it was full of 'old people' and my prejudice immediatelyly kicked in and I thought 'oh my god' and spent my time talking to people I knew previously and didn't really bother with getting to know anyone else... it was fun anyway even if Kate got me a drink which turned out to be red wine and coke!!! and I actually enjoyed it!!!! Anyway was up until 4 putting the world to rights but woke in the morning at my usual hour, which is so annoying... Some of Ginny's friends had stayed over and we all joined in sorting the place out, making breakfast sort of stuff and I realised I was in the company of some really rather dynamic women.... they talked of following the hippy trail in the sixties to San Francisco, of sailing down the Amazon, of the diversity of animals seen in Madagascar!! It was quite inspiring... talked of the business I want to set up in Cornwall and I have my first booking! Now I have to get cracking! It is a real proposition and people are interested! I can do this!!!

oh yes think I also agreed to instruct tree climbing in Mexico next year for scientists/volunteers working in the rain forest canopies!!!

an excellent weekend and I will feel very fortunate if I meet up with these people again!!!

No comments: