Wednesday, September 29, 2004

In the library again, and this time in my lunch hour!! so this will be necessarily brief...

Starting to enjoy Cambridge again... wandering to work is nice as I'm working in the historical centre which is loaded with attractive buildings, sculture and very nice shops... last night went to the arts cinema to see Dead Man's Shoes and excellent British film ...very very British, very dark and disturbing... there was a question and answer session at the end with the director which is always interesting to listen to mostly about the film's background and raison d'etre.... so had wine with old buddy Lisa .... excellent to catch up indeed.... though quite looking forward to actually being at home tonight! A night in !

Work is actually interesting too... all very acronym full... and so jargonistic I feel I am sitting in on a foreign language class at times!!!! Have been given my old user name from when I was a student here and when they finally get my log-in up and running I wonder if I'll have some ancient emails sitting waiting for me to read.. bit odd really being on the other side of the place !!! Trying to look a bit smarter at work but not really succeeding....

Saturday's Greenpeace action was good fun.... but must learn to do the whole moderation thing as far as wine intake goes.. particularly now I have to get a late train back to Cambridge!!! and it would help the memory too as it all got a bit blurred around the edges....

No comments: