Friday, September 10, 2004

Cambridge! Well it's quiet, the sun has been shining beautifully, tempting me to get outside, sit along the river and drink a bit of rose whilst turning a matching pink! But I have resisted, mostly, and have been trying to make the flat vaguely habitable again... slow and very grubby work indeed! Quite remarkable how complete the deterioration has been! and I am at times doubtful that I can make it a 'home' again... Had a new front door put in yesterday which has been a vast improvement.. feel secure and as if I am making a difference.. plus I can now face cooking in the kitchen again as I have spent two solid days cleaning it!!

had an odd night Tuesday when I met J& J to watch the football... played pool afterwards and then somehow found myself having a coggy back to Max's mansion... dead odd! J (i) and i scuttled away fairly soon after having a viewing of the stuffed wild boar's head and being introduced to M's mother! Trouble is once I've had a couple of beers I am 17 again... and totally forget that a woman in her mid-forties generally doesn't ride on the back of a bicycle being peddled by a 20 year old.. then sneak into friend's house after his parents have supposedly gone to bed, only for a parent to get up to greet son and friends...God knows what she thought!

No comments: