Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Friday night was Von Bondie's night!!!!!!! Good gig at The Astoria!!! Nearly missed it though, at one point in the early evening I was sitting with Josh having an excellent glass of red wine in The Cow in Cambridge, Jake was working but able to come and talk every so often and it was lovely to be with my boys... The Astoria seemed like a million miles away and it seemed like too much effort was required to get there........ but I had my ticket, Sarah was expecting a gig buddy and I do like live music, so was able to resist the pull of Colin Fry tickets at the corn exchange! got on the bus, then the train and headed back into London. As I was making my way from Kings Cross to Tottenham Court Road I realised I really really like the buzz that is London, the frenetic activity, the pace that people walk, the bustle.... it is contagious.. I felt buzzy by the time I got to The Astoria, arrived just as the Von Bondie's walked on stage and did a thoroughly sound gig!

Saturday was Scissor Sisters Day!!!! Whoooo Whoooo! and similar sort of stuff!!!!! Sarah and I went to Canary Wharf by boat, I do so love doing my shopping by boat! bought good food... came back prepared good food (Asparagus and poached eggs, with shaved Parmesan sort of stuff!) opened wine did a disco thing with the music getting progressively louder the more wine we consumed!!! Put loads of make up on and glitter -loads of glitter!!!!!! and headed off to Brixton!!!! Went initially to the gay bar, which was packed! Then to the academy unusually early for us!! Scissor Sisters were excellent, the whole atmosphere was buzzy, very very gay! and they saved filthy /gorgeous until the end!!! Struggled to find a cab home and then things get a little blurred around the edges??? Sarah had a long conversation with Fabian?? So did I, apparently??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what I said???? but hopefully he was probably in a similar head state and wont remember either........!

No comments: