Thursday, April 01, 2004

Spring has arrived although I am in a complete fug at the moment... Exacerbated by trying to sort out a mortgage with no spare money and being hounded on all sides by people/companies demanding money... it's all getting a bit much and I'm not good at dealing with bureaucracy (can't even spell it) at the best of times....

had a lovely phone call from old friend in Australia, James, and that has left me with a smile or three!! I have known him for a number of years now and have always been impressed by his eco terrorism but he's is much more mainstream now and working for the Green Party. Good on yer James!!!!! !!! maybe one day .... a visit???? mmmmmmmmmmmm

anyway reason for posting!! have been having a pleasant walk in to work from Shoreditch recently, having realised that the East London line is my favourite tube line. Always get a seat and there is always one within a few minutes of waiting! Sooo my walk has included a cemetery just off City Road which is a little oasis of calm and there are already grape Hyacinths and daisies galore! Squirrels are all over it too and it has been a nice couple of minutes of fresh air! Today I noticed a gravestone standing somewhat apart from others..... on it it says something like........ 'WILLIAM BLAKE'S remains lie nearby'!! and next to him there's a pointy columny thing naming Daniel Defoe's resting place and then in the background John Bunyan's tomb!!! Was quite surprised I had missed all this. makes me wonder what else I am unaware of when just walking past

No comments: