Saturday, March 20, 2004

Went to an excellent gig Tuesday!!! At the London Astoria, met Sarah in Tottenham Court Road and found a place to have a beer as the queue was ridiculously long... ended up missing The Others but arrived in time to hear Miss Black America... very young and not really very good at all.... all trying to be very punk but the lead singers hair was just a bit too sparkly and shiny Plus I had read they were from Bedford and somehow I couldn't get away from the idea that they looked so obviously like boys from Bedford Modern!! Anyway next was a band called something like 80's matchbox disaster and they were an odd mix of kiss meets duran duran on speed???? but none of that mattered as TheBuzzcocks were on next and they played an excelllent set! Sarah had disappeared off to the centre of the moshpit by this time and I was happily enjoying an occassional shout with a very cute American called Paul who totally looked like a native American with very long black hair!!Then The Libertines!! This time I knew their stuff and headed into moshpit territory myself, enjoying the physical contact on an empty stomach this time (I am Learning!!!!!) Then Mick Jones from The Clash came on and played with them!!! I very very very good gig indeed!!!

No comments: