Thursday, November 06, 2003

Ha! Now I know what I have been doing for the last three weeks... Sofa surfing!!!!!!!!! well I have surfed the internet, surfed the sea, surfed a set of concrete stairs on an ironing board, windsurfed, surfskied and now I am an accomplished sofa surfer too!!! It's amazing the skills you can clock up without even realising... Read an article in th Guardian yesterday about the phenomenon of sofa surfing and luckily my experience has just been a temporary blip but there are others out there who for various reasons, mostly to do with cost of housing and lack of decent references, have to rely on the support and kindness of friends for long periods of time. Must be awful to have no home and no personal space for a protracted period, three weeks has been enough for me ... though I don't know how to say a big enough thank you to friends who have given me space and time........ Many many thanks

and tomorrow I move into my new flat... will bring news of life with flatmate...

No comments: