Thursday, February 20, 2003

Electronic dependency can be quite onerous!!!!!!!!! My 'home' email system is down and I find it utterly frustrating to not be able to read my daily emails...... not that there will be anything there of any great importance but at least there is the potential! A bit like getting the phone cut off in days of yore when it was the only form of immediate communication with the outside world..... as a single parent the telephone was my lifesource, vitally important on the many nights that there was no baby sitter arranged and as I was the single adult representative in my household it was imperative that I communicated beyond its confines or I would have gone mad. Well maybe it's not quite so bad today that I dont have email. I am, after all, at work, communicating with other adults on a daily basis and I have my mobile phone in my pocket so communication is also possible from elsewhere..... so what am I moaning about??????? Think it's merely a matter of the loss of potential, rather than the cutting of my lifeline-to-the-world scenario that having the phone cut off used to represent. hmmmmmmm will go back to work and stop moaning, things are sooooo much better than they used to be which is a cheery note to end on.

No comments: