Sunday, December 01, 2002

Thoughts on a sunday morning, on a very grey day....

Have had a week where, for a couple of days, I felt the Grey Blanket descend over my head and give the world a nondescript and uninteresting hue. This happens every once in a while and generally I look back and realise it is all to do with hormones. That there seems little I can do about it, it is just the way I am. But who am ? Where is the sense of continous self within those two days a month? Am I a different 'me', I certainly see the world very differently. Chemical imbalance creating a different persona, but are they both 'me'? So I was just pondering further... lets suspend disbelief for a brief moment and just suppose the idea of heaven to be a reality... what if I died on one of those pre-menstrual days and, by some stretch of the imagination, qualified for a place in heaven, would I spend the rest of eternity in a blue funk wandering around with the proverbial Grey Blanket over my head forever??????????????? Grey thoughts indeed......

No comments: