Tuesday, January 24, 2006

and yes went to see Brokeback Mountain on friday..... incredible film! Amazing for its understatedness! It has floated around in my thoughts and the utter poignancy and beauty of the tale it told has settled within my head like the softest silkiest handkerchief. I keep remembering moments, an image, a sentence, a look... god it was a beautiful film!

Jake saw it and his comments were... 'they could have done more with the cinematography and pulled a little more at the heart strings!' I was crying in the cinema, if they had pulled more I would have been audibly sobbing... the mountains were stunning but yes I see what he means but for me the understated beauty of their surroundings was all part of what made it such a memorable film... definitely recommend it to all

No comments: