Saturday, January 22, 2005

January seems to be a time for reflection and detox!! Doing well on the detox... no alcohol since Jan 1st, no cakes, no meat and only a biscuit or two... loads of coffee though but there are limits to self denial!!!! But reflection, well had a bit of a ponder yesterday... I started writing Delilah in Sept 2002 when I was working for Reproduction and Human Fertility- two scientific journals that apparently now have closed!!!! I was living quietly in Cambridge and sort of waiting for something to happen... Then, the move to London where I have definitely learnt one major life lesson... I will never ever ever again move in with someone without actually getting to know them first... the whole awful slow discovery that there was a total mismatch of characters was a really dificult process to go through and left me in a difficult situation to extricate myself from.. But ..... and there's always a but.... I have gathered along the way some really good new friends and once the decision was made to move out I had some excellent adventures indeed!!!!!!! Involvement with Greenpeace gave me more new and lovely friends and more adventure... Glastonbury was a major turning point as it was there that I realised I had to get back to working with children and working outside!!! Plus the total incongruity that I felt when asked what I did, I can remember saying 'I work as a PA for a fashion company in central London' and it just didn't seem like those words could ever have actually found their way out of my mouth but they did and more weirdly they were true!! I returned to Drake's full of disastifaction!!!! So now back in Cambridge but heading off for a summer outdoors!!! Have a sailing course coming up and well just look at the picture... the high ropes section looks .... really .... high!!!!! Could write trite stuff about how content I am feeling at them moment... but will resist.... I'm off to find Jake for a coffee, Josh is around at the moment and I'm being calm about the flat and tomorrow I will go in search of a veggie sundy lunch........ ahhhhhhh! Bliss!!

No comments: