Wednesday, August 04, 2004

It's got to the point where there's almost too much to write about so I don't know where to start...

headed off to Cambridge last wednesday, having borrowed my brother's car, so had that lovely sense of freedom that having your own motorised transport brings... the weather was glorious it seemed that finally summer had arrived... I'm struggling though with the state of my flat as it really is horrible... filthy, broken furniture, doors with holes in... probably the worst flat I have ever been in .. and it's mine!! I am horrified and know it will be a massive task to get it back in shape...

anyway.. headed off to Cherry Hinton the site of the festival...put up the tents and had to head back into town for an interview with an agency... the reality of returning to Cambridge is becoming more apparent as each day passes and I still haven't really come to terms with it....

Thursday evening and I had a date with a chap from Guardian Soulmates... it had seemed like a good idea earlier on in the week but actually it was a disaster... I was enjoying being with J & J and then saw this chap that, sort of, matched his photo but, well, he obviously is massively photogenic! I nearly hid but realised that that was just too cowardly so went and introduced myself..hmmmm sometimes you just know immediately that things are a bad idea and this was one of those times... I made a feeble excuse and departed for the company of my sons.... they were really good company all weekend... funny... sweet and quite caring!!! I was really very proud of them which is a lovely, lovely thing to be able to say... Neela and Michael arrived the next morning and we found a spot for all three tents.. Sacha and Mia seemed to settle in well to festival life... the music was fairly much in the background.. I made one foray into the main stage to see Loudan Wainwright, mainly because I had seen him 31 years ago and it seemed approprite to see him again... trouble was though, my music tastes have changed a bit since then and his songs hadn't, so I just heard one song and headed away... it was a really sociable festival...the sun shone all weekend!! Sunday night we all drank a little too much but it was friendly and happy.. the people with deckchairs and territorial issues seemed to have faded into the background and we all said we would return next year!!!!

No comments: