Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Sometimes the walk to work from Shoreditch is blatantly odd... the other morning, maybe about two weeks ago while I was happily walking through Bunhills I noticed a group of what I supposed to be students lingering around John Bunyan's Tomb, just as I walked past they started singing, not just mumbly, head down pretend I'm not here singing but full voiced singing, there were harmonies and delightful voices in that throng or should I say choir!! The song... was the hymn with the line 'to be a pilgrim' in it which I guess had rather a lot to do with Bunyan as his famous work was 'Pilgrims Progress'.... anyone know if it was an anniversary or something????

Then last week I was walking in the Shoreditch direction and a man walked past in the opposite direction, he looked fine but his shirt was totally covered in blood, yet he didn't seem bothered by this at all. I carried on walking and around the corner met the sight of a man with a completely battered face, it was horrible, bloody and very very messy, trouble was he was laughing and joking and having a fag!! Then I spotted in the distance a very large truck and film crew .... so didn't have to practice any first aid!

Last night, again on my way home a very polite young man asked me to stop as a fire engine was just about to pull out of a building???? It did, swerving out of a very tight space and sped off, lights flashing..... but oddly quiet... the siren was not on??? Then once again I spotted a camera, I guess the sound will be added at a later date..... there is an air of unreality about these streets....

No comments: