Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Had a long weekend and am much calmer and more philosophical!! Last week's rant is now out of my system and I can be a rational being again, well as rational as I ever will be!!! P can get on with it. If he feels the need to steal my blog's name there's little I can do about it and well -imitation is a form of flattery is it not and after all what is in a name???

Onwards and upwards......... the weekend was decidedly split into two.. first half very home centred, seriously considering a move back to Cambridge as I am in need of a 'home' a real home, somewhere I can sand the floorboards if I feel the desire or put up loads of pictures..... just somewhere where I can be me........ and be surrounded by my stuff.. so have broached the subject with J & J and suggested that maybe they start thinking about what they want to do.....

Sunday went out to the marina and spent time with Tara on her boat, now this was another possibility for providing a home as Tara is selling her boat .... but but but it is the size of a small caravan though more appealing!!... having spent last year considering and looking forward to moving into a 70ft boat with high ceilings and vast possiblities.. it just seemed a tad small ! So I think that idea is shelved, though of course it does have moorings!!! and actually would be great for spending weekends on in the summer months....

Tara, Mark and I then headed off to HMS President, which is moored near Blackfriars Bridge on the north bank... now that is a sizable boat, or ship as the Captain kept reminding me later!!! Definitely a nautical theme to this posting!! Fabian was playing in a band with Pete, George Breakfast and two girl singers..... but what was eminently much more watchable was the audience... this event was an opening for an art exhibition being held on the boat and two of the artists were Russian and so most of the gathered crowd were Russians.... they certainly know how to party!! and dance and ummmm take over the microphone!!! A very funny but odd evening indeed...

Horace might be doing the Glastonbury thing again so will probably get tickets after all! And Pete and George B will be at the CFF, in the Club tent so that should be good too!

Monday morning was another day off, which is utterly lovely... so I got up rather hastily and full of a stonking hangover headed off for a date in Oxford..... and this time the conversation flowed, gushed and burbled its way over a day filled with laughter, sunshine and fresh green countryside and a lovely discovery of commanalities! I met a man! and now I have the answer to the question about when should a new chap read your blog.. it's dead simple, if he is an intelligent non-judgemental lovely human being then he can read it whenever, as it just doesn't matter!