Monday, April 26, 2004

Gmail! Not too woried about the privacy aspect of the new google mail system, well after all I do write a blog about me that is publicly available! so I signed up for it a few days ago mainly because I have to use online email as my computer was left in Cambridge.

Recently I have tried out:

hotmail - too much spam,
ntl - spam and a time-out factor which is really irritating if you are writing a long email as a little message comes up when you click on SEND to say 'you have timed out of this session'!! and your long email has disappeared into internet ether never to be seen again!
Tiscali - time out factor!

So I thought I'd give Gmail a go... nearly gave up in the first few minutes as the contacts list was extremely clumsy... it wouldn't save changes or new input... but persevered and am really liking it! The inbox is much more than an inbox as it saves all sent and received mail that share the subject heading, this is really convenient and so far no spam (though it is early days) and it doesn't time out... so I can leave it open all day and even the contacts list seems to have lost it's initial annoying glitches! Gets my vote so far! Think that this is also my first 'techie' posting!!!! arrrhhhh! am I becoming geek-like!?!

No comments: