Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Almost Christmas and I remember having some sort of anti Christmas rant last year.... so do I repeat myself or has the year been such a remarkable one that I am filled with awe and wonder at the pleasure of simply getting up everyday and smiling to myself in the knowledge that life is bloody wonderful! Ha! Dear Reader! it is the latter! I am sooo stupidly content that I am smiling whilst I write....

Life recently has, somewhat oddly, involved meeting lots of people connected to Cambridge... and it is nice, there is something wonderfully comforting about the familiar.. conversation rushes around what's on at the ICA, cool indie music to listen to, the worry about Blairs policies, drinking too much wine and where to get the best organic olive oil!!! Ha! it is refreshingly far removed from supermotards and the discomfort of biking in the cold and rain, now conversation is more concerned with environmental degradation from overuse of motorised transport.. suddenly everyone I know rides a bicycle! Feel almost guilty that I am borrowing a car over the christmas week. Love Alex to bits for lending me the car though, as it gives a wonderful sense of freedom even if it is a left hand drive! So the plan is to head to Bedford via Cambridge on Christmas Day morning, pick Jake up and head to my brother's. That might be a bit awkward though as I think my brother overheard me say something about 'My little fat brother' when I hadn't switched my phone off the other day after speaking to him! Oh dear Oh dear.. ... Hopefully he will be full of the Christmas spirit and overlook it!
Have bought all my pressies now, gave Alan his last night and it was really difficult to hand it over.......

On my way to some graphic artists place next to Cantaloupe I discovered a really sweet shop that deals almost exclusively in 50's and 60's Scandanavian Kitsch..... found a pair of really cute onion shaped candle holders that hold the really thin tapered sort of candle, they are weighted so that they can tip slightly.... the design just makes your toes curl it is soo good! But I did hand them over and they were appreciated.... Its all going very very well........ will update later in the week

No comments: