Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Life has an odd way of imitating TV at times! Last night I felt I was totally immersed in a soap plot. Sometimes it is all truely unbelievable .... so ........ last week had me down to my last 90p and it was 4 days from pay day. Oddly I resigned myself to my, somewhat habitual, penury as I walked out of the tube station late that night. I felt totally calm and just shrugged my shoulders and decided not to worry about it as I could always cycle to work and I had enough food, so philosophically reconciled I turned the corner and there, right in front of me, lit by the glow of the street light was a £5 note! So I had more than enough to get me through the week and felt very grateful to life for supplying my need.
and then last night..... got home from work really tired but a friend phoned to say could she come swimmming, flatmate Sarah was up for it too so the three of us headed around the back of the building to the pool. Must admit to not actually swimming for more than 5 minutes before heading for the heat and bubbles of the jacuzzi.... ended up all three sitting in there and conversation turned to my friend's next date, she has a boyfriend but has been asked out by a mega rock star to go to lunch..... I suddenly realised the vast contrast ... last week I was picking up someone's lost change and being really in need of a few extra pennies This week I am lounging in my jacuzzi with 2 friends discussing the dilemma of dating rockstars!!! Life is a bit weird at times! But at least it isn't dull!!!

No comments: