Friday, November 28, 2003

Ha! I've just done the quiz.. what 20th century theorist are you? and I ended up as (and as I can't make the link work....) quote-

Martin Heidegger! Your reputation is stained a bit by the fact that you were a member of the Nazi party, but your groundbreaking Being and Time is still read by a whole lot of people. You overuse the hyphen, and make up a lot of words. You died in 1976


Oh dear oh dear......trouble is I have always been vastly impressed by Heidegger's Being and Time - and his phenomenoligical outpourings - and he always stressed authenticity as being so vital, which I totally go with - though he does look at it all with a somewhat anthropocentric perspective - and yet he was a Nazi ??? how could he have been? this is something I have pondered for a while.... as you do............ ahhh well it is friday afternoon - a time prone to ponderings. ...and I was awake at 4.00am (Thanks Sacha! XX).... need sleep

No comments: