Friday, October 31, 2003

Hidden away from the world for the last couple of days, many thanks to Neela for providing not only a sofa but a bed too!!! So only a week to go until I move into my new flat, god this has been traumatic and totally draining... have hidden away in books too this last two weeks. Have devoured Vernon God Little, Astonishing splashes of colour, The divine secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood and the not to be forgotten Who moved my cheese! plus started Brick Lane when I was in Bethnal Green and left it behind... is it a form of escapism I wonder to immerse oneself in a fictional world for a day or two?? Pondering the possibility of finding a reading group so that I have to really focus my reading a bit more and have something to say about the experience afterwards..... any suggestions?
A week to go...... so far I have bought a mattress, sorted a few things out in Cambridge and have tried desperately hard to remember the size and proportions of the place that we so briefly saw in what seems like an age ago and to think next week I'll be living there!!!!

No comments: