Friday, February 28, 2003

Friday again.. this week has passed blissfully quickly. It has mostly been taken up with looking for jobs, making some online applications... not much feedback so far but I'm still hoping.

Wednesday, Pete drove the fun car to Cambridge and I was quite surprised by the reactions received as we drove around town, they were the same as the Bermondsey reactions!! Something about the car makes people want to leap up to us at junctions asking details about it's engine, or to call out 'nice car' whilst we are driving along. It brings out really positive, happy comments from people. I have travelled around in cute old cars before like Phil's Austin 7 but that never attracted half the attention of the fun car!! Somehow I was surprised that it illicited the same response from Cambridgians as the rather more vocal south Londoners. Odd!

What was even odder was returning home to find Josh and Hayley playing Scrabble... seemed so civilised and 'couply' -very sweet!!!! Love ya loads Josh! (I know you are reading this so I have probably embarrased you even more. But I do think that that is one of my main functons now you are an adult...... still haven't brought out the really cute but very naked pictures of you as a chubby toddler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then there was Jake! Well he had been a quiet child but now seems to be ummmmmmmm well shall I blame Jackass????? He had another blackeye this morning, over and above the one that was slowly disappearing..... and how did hew get it? Well at least this time he didn't hit himself but it sounds stupidly similar, he was 'larking around'?? whatever that means??......... no hope!

So I am off to London again for the weekend......

No comments: